4330 Opal Cliff Dr. is a Matson Britton Architectural masterpiece, an ode to ultra-luxury and the modern esthetic. The meticulous design and painstaking build took six years to complete and no expense was spared with exterior windows clad in solid bronze, a copper Diamond Spa, rare stone throughout, huge breathtaking pivot doors, and an upper story bridge made from the historic Hook staircase.
The expansive glass walls stand as a monument to the relationship between the ocean and shoreline. This palace of glass, grace, and beauty offers panoramic views of three world-class point waves as well as the quaint lights of the expansive Monterey Bay.
Large, open indoor spaces lead seamlessly to outdoor living areas. Unique conical and askew shed roof designs come alive through clear-heart red cedar ceilings. On the top floor, a jaw dropping executive office provides views over the bay where a daily display of sea life, from otters, seals, dolphins and humpback whales, often play out front.
Three bedrooms can be found upstairs. The exquisite master suite offers a private balcony, fireplace, and entertainment system. The master bath features an expansive two-person no-threshold shower, artisan poured double trough sink, and private European commode. Two upstairs guest bedrooms share a gorgeous custom bath against a stunning wall of hypnose granite and custom artisan trough sinks.
Downstairs you will find a full gourmet kitchen and wet bar featuring quarter sawn walnut cabinetry, leathered black granite counters, and Wolf and SubZero appliances., plus a beautiful dining table seating up to 12. The living area and dining, each with its own defined space and environment, blend together to create a truly unique space. The south facing wall is primarily glass, allowing tremendous light and spectacular views.
The retreat is a fully modern smart home as well. Two wireless networks, Internet enabled appliances, NEST heating, security and air quality monitoring, SONOS sound and wireless spa controls are just the start. With the press of a single button, set your desired mood throughout the retreat from Relax to Entertain. The Goodbye button shuts the retreat down, putting it in sleep mode while shutting all the lights and curtains throughout the home.
Privates Beach and surf break are a mere block from your front door. If you are a surfer, enjoy access to six world-class point waves all within walking distance. The retretat features a private outdoor heated shower as well as surfboard and wetsuit storage.
Finally, Capitola Village offers a suite of dining choices from fine ethnic dining and fresh California cuisine to the famous Verve Coffee Roasters, and beyond.
DESIGN AND SPECS
- Architectural design by Mattson Britton
- Newly constructed in 2014 by Branagan Builders
- Residence of 3559 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and executive office
- Advantageous seawall with permitted history
- Clear heart western red cedar siding, ceiling and eaves
- Mount Maria Ledgestone siding
- Conical and askew ledge copper roof
- Open-air wired wenge pivot door of 9 feet
- Modular Arts tile wave wall
- All LED lighting plan (except highlight lighting)
- Solar electric power and water heating
- Cathedral windows and doors by Canada’s Dynamic Architectural, featuring solid bronze cladding and black walnut interiors
- Moment frame construction featuring steal I-beams
- Hydronic artisan concrete flooring and patios by Ralston Concrete
- Stainless steel hand railings
- Bridge features reclaimed wood from The Hook surf break
- Staircase features 100 year old reclaimed wood
- Halenging engineered Rumford fireplace with rusted steel wood box
- Nest Protect industrial-grade smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector
- Nest 3rd generation learning thermostat controls six individual hydronic heating zones
- Nest Cam Indoor and Wirepath WPS Outdoor home surveillance systems
- Lockstate programmable gate locks
- Lutron Homeworks fully wired system, controls all lights and blinds
- Sonos sound system with 6 individual audio zones
- Living room surround sound system
- Infinity edge copper Diamond spa
- Sunken gas fire pit
- Cantilevered Ipe deck with glass railings
- Front garden with gas fire pit & modern seating
- Outdoor shower and wetsuit changing area
- 2 Car garage with extended limestone driveway